Hey friends! I cannot believe it’s December 1st! Oh, how this year has flown!
I know many people are glad 2020 is coming to an end. While this year certainly has been one for the books (and I’m sure it’s going to go down in them!), I have been trying to remind myself to look on the bright side as much as possible. I’ll be writing one of my regular yearly recap blog posts at the end of the year and sharing more about my thoughts, struggles, blessings, and lessons learned from 2020 as well as sharing some of my goals for the coming year, so stay tuned for that.
Today, I wanted to share a bit about our December plans, specifically Vlogmas, which is a yearly YouTube thing for vloggers. Seeing how I’m new to this whole making videos thing, I thought that participating in Vlogmas would be a fun challenge and a way to bring you, my online pals, alongside me and my family as we celebrate the Christmas season. Whether you celebrate Christmas or not, my hope is that this series of videos will entertain you, inspire you, and educate you a bit more toward seasonal living.
Okay, so today I spent some time putting our 2020 Advent calendar together, hanging it in our house, and working through our first activity with the boys. We also started our December homeschool mini-study as well. You can find all of the above in the video below. However, if you don’t feel like watching us over on YouTube (or you want a preview of what’s coming up on my channel this month!), that’s cool too. Below the video, you’ll find a list of all the activities I have planned for each day of Advent as well as all the links for everything I’ve used in this year’s Advent calendar.
✨ PRODUCTS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE: ✨
- Advent Calendar: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ColeyCreated
- Muslin Bags: https://amzn.to/39zewua
- Bakers Twine: https://amzn.to/37ph7Ee
- Clothes Pins: https://amzn.to/3mvCgCP
Daily Advent Activities
- Make hot chocolate with whipped cream
- Make and hang pinecone birdfeeders
- Bake gingerbread cookies
- Make a felt Christmas ornament
- Make a Yule Log
- Decorate gingerbread houses
- Make spiced cider (and wine for mom!)
- Make paper snowflakes and decorate the windows
- Make Christmas cards
- Make and decorate sugar cookies
- Make a Thankfulness tree
- Buy and wrap gifts for the cousins
- Visit Speedway In Lights
- Make stove-top potpourri (and handmade holiday gifts)
- Make Christmas playdoh
- Make orange pomanders
- Make Christmas caramel crackers
- Watch a Christmas movie and eat popcorn
- Go on an outdoor winter scavenger hunt
- Eat gingerbread pancakes with cinnamon syrup for breakfast
- Burn the Yule Log and do a Releasing Ceremony
- Have a family game night
- Make ice lanterns
- Read Christmas books
Alright, so I hope you enjoyed this little glimpse at our 2020 Advent calendar and the plans we have for this month. I also hope you’ll join me over on YouTube for Vlogmas, and if you have any questions or comments, feel free to ask in the comment section below this blog post or contact me here.
Love and light,